When Internet Explorer 7 was released, it caused an Open File - Security Warning error to appear whenever opening a program from a server share. The warning states that the "publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?"
This error can be stopped from appearing by adding the server path of the Apteryx software to IE's allowed sites.
- Open the Run Dialogue by holding down the Winkey and pressing "R".
- Type INETCPL.CPL and press OK.
- Select the Security tab, click on Local intranet and press the Sites button.
- Click the Advanced button on the window that pops up and type in the server path into the Add this website to the zone: section. (e.g. \\server\apteryx\)
- Click Add, Close, OK, and OK.
This fix is computer specific. This means the above steps will have to be repeated on every individual work station that the error is populating on.
Article Version 1.0 2019.11.1
Please sign in to leave a comment.